Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Credit cards and Students

Not a week passes when I don't receive another credit card application.
According to whomever is selling my personal information to these companies, I need to have at least six different cards.
Some of the applications are through banks I've never used. Others are apparently specially selected just for me through the Alumi associations of my university. I'm so glad I spent four years there so they could try to sell me more stuff later in life.

My point is that the economy is not a favourable place to be getting multiple cards as a student. Most of us can barely cover rent, phone bills and pay for food. Who was the wise person who decided to pray on students who are weak in funds and weak in the ability to say no?

I wish that companies and institutions would stop selling my address. Its really getting annoying to see all the wasted junk mail and credit card applications.

No comments: